It’s a year-long challenge!
This is the 10th year of this challenge but the first time I’m participating in it. There are three Chapters that each run for four months and have different rules, plus extra challenges.
Have more questions?
Here’s a link to the challenge. It runs from January 1 to December 31 2023 so there’s plenty of time to join!
Chapter 1: It’s a Cold Summer
This chapter runs from January-April. In a twist from previous years, they’re using the summer rules for winter. Basically, that means that any format and any price.
Chapter 2: Get on Board
This chapter runs from May-August. We’ll be reading and racing through a board game! There are 6 different categories that allow you to earn a certain amount of spaces:
- 6 spaces: free books (any format, but must be owned by you… no library, subscriptions, etc)
- 5 spaces: nearly free books. This is less than $1 print/eBook, or $3 audiobooks (still any format, but still must be owned by you… no library, subscriptions, etc)
- 4 spaces: sale books. This is less than $5 print/eBook, or $7.50 audiobooks (still any format, but still must be owned by you… no library, subscriptions, etc)
- 3 spaces: library books, ARCs, borrowed books (still any format)
- 2 spaces: subscription books — KU, Prime, Scribd, Audible+, etc (still any format)
- 1 space: any book, any format, any price
Chapter 3: The Beginning
This chapter runs from September-December. This follows the very strict rules of the very first COYER challenge.
- Every book must be electronic (eBook or audiobook)
- The books must be free or nearly free (under $5). ARCs count, but borrowed books (library, friends, KU, etc) don’t