The SBTB Goodreads group is hosting a new quarterly challenge, the Cover Hunt challenge. Basically, you’re given a list of prompts and you have to read a book with that item on the cover.
For the October-December challenge, here’s the prompts and some initial picks from my TBR list.
Accessories (earrings, scarf, ring, etc.)
- Hat: Level Up – Cathy Yardley. Geek romance? Heck yes. Why have I not read this yet?
- Glasses: Even Odds – Elia Winters. More geekery!
- Choker: Through the Storm – Beverly Jenkins. I loved Indigo, and this book has one of its characters in it.
Food & Drink
- Buns: Buns – Alice Clayton. Third in the Hudson Valley series. I’ve really enjoyed the others, but have been on the waitlist at the library for this book for a while. Hopefully I’ll get it in the next few months!
- Broccoli and fish? chicken?: Glutton for Pleasure – Alisha Rai. I read Hate to Want You and it absolutely floored me. Way past time to read more of her books!
Signs of the Seasons (leaves for fall, beach for summer, etc.)
Flowers & Plants
- Wolf: Kitty and the Midnight Hour – Carrie Vaughn. I’ve heard lots of good things about this series.
Bodies of Water (ocean, lake, waterfall, etc.)
- Ocean: Forbidden Kisses – Annie Rains. I recently won this book from a giveaway and it sounds interesting.
- River: Sweet Disorder – Rose Lerner. Heard good things about this one!
Oof, I’m still missing several categories. I have almost 400 books on my TBR list, but many of them aren’t romances, and the ones that are seem to feature naked male chests and not much else! Hopefully I’ll either learn of some books from other challenge participants, or I’ll go trawling through my library’s ebooks collection!