Did I maybe forget that June was a month? Yes, yes, I did. In my defense, after seven months of having my husband and kids in the house with me ALL THE TIME I’m not really sure what month it is any more. What I do know, though, is that I’m forever grateful for the wonderful friends I’ve made in Romancelandia, and especially for the authors whose books are basically keeping me afloat right now.
I haven’t been doing as great on The Ripped Bodice’s Summer Bingo as I’d hoped, as my ARC schedule got completely swamped once a bunch of May books got pushed into July. I’m desperately behind, and pandemic depression plus absolutely no free time (remember those kids and husband I mentioned?) are not good blogging buddies. I mean, out of the 15 books I read this month, 14 were ARCs. To be honest though, I did spend a large chunk of time repeatedly rereading Ascending and Bright Shards, which have proven to be both insanely comforting and, apparently, impossible for me to review without falling into an emotional heap.
For the Goodreads Challenge, I’ve read 144 out of 220 books for the year. Still on track!
BOOKS READ IN JULY
BOOKS READ: 15
SOURCE: 14 ARCS, 1 from Kindle Unlimited, Purchases, Library
- [5 Jul] A Good Duke is Hard to Find by Christina Britton ★★★
- [6 Jul] Haunted Heroine by Sarah Kuhn ★★★★
- [10 Jul] Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall ★★★★★
- [11 Jul] Of Dragons, Feasts and Murders by Aliette de Bodard ★★★★
- [12 Jul] Forbidden Desire by Robin Lovett ★★★★
- [18 Jul] What You Wish For by Katherine Center ★★★
- [20 Jul] A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee ★★★★
- [24 Jul] A Touch of Stone and Snow by Milla Vane ★★★★★
- [25 Jul] The Mall by Megan McCafferty ★★★★
PLANNED FOR AUGUST
That’s my month! What’s yours looking like?