Hellooooo, fall! After the absolutely scorching summer we’ve had here, I was looking forward to some cooler temps. No such luck, but so far October seems to be down in the 70s at least. School’s going well for the kids, though our newest dog, Derpdog, who was adopted during the pandemic, is still very confused why they keep leaving the house and aren’t home to play with him all day. I’ve been giving him lots of extra cuddles (while reading of course), which is good because otherwise my reading time has decreased. We’re also pretty much back up to the usual amount of after school kid activities, which means a lot more running around and general exhaustion (for me, not the kids, who seem to have boundless energy!).
As far as challenges, I’ve been working on Cannonball Bingo. For Goodreads, at the start of the month I was at 214 books out of my goal of 250 books, currently 26 books ahead of schedule. The new fall bingo is starting up this month as well!
BOOKS READ IN SEPTEMBER
BOOKS READ: 25
SOURCE: 17 ARCS, 2 from Kindle Unlimited, 2 Purchased, 3 Library, 1 Freebie
- [4 Sep] The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina by Zoraida Córdova ★★★★
- [8 Sep] Witch Please by Ann Aguirre ★★★★
- [8 Sep] Morning Glory Milking Farm by C.M. Nascosta ★★★★
- [13 Sep] You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria ★★★★
- [17 Sep] Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao ★★★★
- [20 Sep] The Lights on Knockbridge Lane by Roan Parrish ★★★★
- [21 Sep] Mechanics of Love by Meka James ★★★★
- [22 Sep] Best Laid Wedding Plans by Karen Booth ★★★★
- [24 Sep] Activation Degradation by Marina J. Lostetter ★★★★
- [25 Sep] Just a Little Married by Reese Ryan ★★★★
- [28 Sep] No Ordinary Christmas by Belle Calhoune ★★★
- [28 Sep] The Year’s Best African Speculative Fiction (2021) by Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki, Somto O. Ihezue, Pemi Aguda, Russell Nichols, Tamara Jerée, Tlotlo Tsamaase, Sheree Renée Thomas, Tobias S. Buckell, Inegbenoise O. Osagie, Tobi Ogundiran, Chinelo Onwualu, Moustapha Mbacke Diop, Marian Denise Moore, Michelle Mellon, Eugen Bacon, Craig Laurance Gidney, Makena Onjerika, Tendai Huchu, Yvette Lisa Ndlovu, Derek Lubangakene, Suyi Davies Okungbowa, Shingai Njeri Kagunda, WC Dunlap, ZZ Claybourne, Dilman Dila ★★★★
PLANNED FOR OCTOBER
I was hoping to catch up on some spooky reading, but my ARC list for October is once again spilling over. Definitely not something to complain about!
That’s my month! What’s yours looking like?