Is two months in a row a habit yet? I hope so! These wrap-ups are a bit time-consuming to put together, but it’s also a fun way to really get a sense of what I read in a month. I read so much – and review so much! – that sometimes I forget series that I wanted to circle back around to.
Every month in 2020 has been a consecutively worse dumpster fire, and I continue to be so thankful to the wonderful authors and readers who help keep me sane. I don’t read as diversely as I should, but I’d like to point out the works of Naima Simone, Juno Rushdan and Reese Ryan, three amazing Black romance writers whose work I read this month.
So, here’s what I read and reviewed in May, and here’s what I have coming up on deck for June! Also, The Ripped Bodice’s Summer Bingo is out, so I’ll hopefully be updating my much neglected read along pages so I can participate again this summer.
For the Goodreads Challenge, I’ve read 110 out of 220 books for the year – halfway there!
BOOKS READ IN MAY
BOOKS READ: 28
SOURCE: 11 ARCS, 7 from Kindle Unlimited, 9 Purchases, 1 Library
- [2 May] Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchet ★★★★
- [2 May] Monthly Wrap-up: April 2020
- [3 May] Variable Onset by Layla Reyne ★★★★
- [4 May] Ruthless Pride by Naima Simone ★★★★
- [5 May] Shadow's Messenger by T.A. White ★★★
- [6 May] Midnight's Emissary by T.A. White ★★★★
- [9 May] Moonlight's Ambassador by T.A. White ★★★★
- [10 May] Dawn's Envoy by T.A. White ★★★★
- [11 May] Scandalous Passions by Nicola Davidson ★★★★
- [13 May] Forgotten Magic by Anela Deen ★★★★
- [14 May] Starcrossed by Allie Therin ★★★★
- [15 May] Nothing to Fear by Juno Rushdan ★★★★
- [18 May] Chaos Reigning by Jessie Mihalik ★★★★★
- [20 May] Until the End by Juno Rushdan ★★★★
- [21 May] The Girl Next Door by Chelsea M. Cameron ★★★
- [25 May] Pregnant by the Playboy by Jackie Lau ★★★★
- [28 May] Recipe for Persuasion by Sonali Dev ★★★
- [29 May] Shadow of a Dead God by Patrick Samphire ★★★★
PLANNED FOR JUNE
I have a ton of books coming out in June that I’m looking forward to! I’m especially looking forward to the 5th Aileen Travers book (technically, I got it in the first few days of June and actually have already read it by the time I’m posting this but, shhhh). Other highlights are a new historical series by Vanessa Riley and a new book by Adriana Herrera! Plus, the new Milla Vane book comes out in July, so I’ll probably be rereading the novella and first book again.
That’s my month! What’s yours looking like?